To my surprise I found someone had commented on my blog ! Not only was I shocked to get a comment, haven't been seeing those lately(HINT HINT), but it was a comment from Sydney over at Letters to Claire letting me know she gave me a Stylish Blog Award! I've been blogging and recently vlogging since 2003. Never have I EVER received an AWARD! And don't get me wrong, it's not a "Bloggy" or "Shorty" but it sort of felt like one! So, along with my usual Daily Vlogs, here's an actual WRITTEN from my grief brain bloggity blog!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
Things About Me...I don't know why it was so hard to come up with 7 things about me. I guess because I have been blogging for so long, there isn't a whole lot of random Things about me I haven't already shared with you dearest Internet friends. So, instead you get 7 embarrassing or secret things you didn't know about me.
1. I'm the only girl with 4 AMAZING brothers. I always wanted a sister growing up and I was obsessed with the Sweet Valley Twins. So, I used to pretend I had an identical twin sister and (we) would do radio shows in the mirror in my parent's bedroom. I'm pretty sure I still have a cassette tape with one of the recordings!
2. My love for Led Zeppelin stems from a jeep ride with my dad. I don't remember exactly how old I was, but pretty little, between 3-6 years old. We were driving in the mountains somewhere and Led Zeppelin was playing. At that age I didn't know who the band was but I remember the songs so clearly and when I was 11 or 12 I used to borrow my brother Shane's tapes and listen to his music when he wasn't home. One of them was Led Zeppelin and when I heard the songs, it was like a lightening bolt hit me and I remembered that jeep ride! I was teased in middle school for always listening to Led Zeppelin, Simon and Garfunkel and The Doors because no one knew who they were. It wasn't until High School when other like-minded kids started listening to them.
3. When I was a little girl and people would ask what I wanted to be when I grew up. It wasn't a lawyer or doctor, I always said an Actress, but I didn't want to act like other people, I wanted to be famous for being me. I always believed I would grow up and change the world somehow. I was actually teased in elementary school because I said if I could, I would be the first woman president. That's obviously not in the cards but apparently I've always been this big headed and outspoken.
4. I don't ever wear makeup. I believe this is because I danced in a National Drill team from 3-15 years old and we had to wear a LOT of makeup for performances and I hated it! I also believe I have really healthy skin because I don't wear makeup.
5. I stopped shaving my legs back in High School. Sometimes I get bored and shave them once a year. I do shave my arm pits though because I can't stand the feeling! And I have been known to shave my arm hair occasionally. My hormone imbalance causes my testosterone levels get too high so my arm hair becomes too manly for me.
6. Second most embarrassing secret, my PCOS caused beard that I have to shave 3 times a week. I'm only sharing this one because I know a lot of women who find my blog when searching for PCOS. This is probably the 2nd worst symptom of Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. The first obviously is infertility.
7. Here's the big one, the one I've kept secret from the Internet for a long time. Something I don't want to share because I know everyone will now check it out. So why am I sharing it then? Who the hell knows? OK here it goes...I'm going bald. I don't know if this is caused by my hormone imbalance or if it's from the traumatic stress when Jack died. My doctor says it could be a combination.
And the Awards Go To: This was actually hard for me because I've been so busy searching for a job and VLOGGING that I don't have time to read blogs anymore. So when I do have time, here's a few I always check out. OOPS and I just realized I was supposed to Award 15 NEWLY discovered bloggers. Oh well, take what you get because I'm not starting over.
1. Becoming - Dr. Joanne Cacciatore's Blog. She's the founder of The MISS FOUNDATION and known to many Angel Moms as a Grief Goddess.
2. To Write Their Names In The Sand - An AMAZING site! They write our Angel's names in the sand which may seem silly or inconsequential to some but to us mothers of angels, it means the world!
3. Life After Beau - A 32 Mother of an Angel named Beau.
4. Surviving the Day Everyday - Liam's Mom Amy.
5. My Forever Child - Great site for keepsakes, gifts for bereaved parents. (HINT HINT)
6. Ailynn Chevy - Amanda Lynn is a new Blogger, honoring her daughter Ailynn Chevy.
7. Ladybug Landing - Another one of my new friends, Ashley writes about her daughter Mckenna Jodell and how her death has taught her many lessons and hopes to save other children's lives with her story.
8. Crafty Christine Yes, another new friend who crafts with the best of them!
9. Mother Henna She's a HeARTist!
10. Potholes in My Life - My brother inlaw Cody writes about a lot of interesting topics.
11. The Rug Monkey Chronicles -Watching our friend's not so little boy Morgan grow up way too quickly!
12. Carl Joglar - My "Brother" who wrote an AMAZING book called The Perils of Quad.
13. ShayCarl - If you haven't heard of the Shaytards yet, I'm a little surprised! I was late to the Shaytard Party but COME ON! This is the CUTEST family on the internet!
14. Post Secret
This was seriously like doing homework! It took me well over 6 hours to finish and I almost feel bad passing it on because I know how much work I'm giving to someone else. ;) However, I'm honored to receive this Award, so Thanks again to Sydney over at Letters to Claire for recognizing me!